Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Ever!


Hello! I have never posted a blog before so lets see how this goes! I have started this blog because I would like to reach as many people as possible and share my crafts and the adventures I go through while I am making them. I dont know if everyone would call them adventures, but I would. I have been crocheting for about 10 years. I started off doing only afghans. I say that like it was easy. They would take me months to complete. But, I think I have done about 10 of them, so thats quite a few in my opinion.


I didn't have any plans for spring break my freshman year of college, so I decided to go visit my Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma had told me that my childhood babysitter had cancer, and she had learned how to make hats on a loom. Carol (my former babysitter) had made about 800 hats at the time, and she was giving them to cancer patients. Grandma and I went to Carol's house and she taught us how to make those hats. Grandma and I left there, and went to WalMart, bought yarn, and went home and started making them right away. I think we made about 5 hats in one day. We took them to Carol to give them to cancer patients. This was the beginning of my love of making hats.


I continued to make hats on a loom for almost a year and a half. But I wanted to do something more. So I looked up a pattern for a beanie, read it quite a few times, and then started crocheting. It was exactly what I wanted, and on the first try! So now I'm crocheting hats, and scarves and many other things. So this has been my journey so far. I wanted everyone to be able to start from the beginning, and now we can all continue on together.


2 comments:

  1. What a noble cause to start crocheting. Glad that you did and met us. You're definitelt a role model for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome story. i've never tried using a loom before - sounds pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete